No OBL is required for Air shipments

Pravin K.

Content Developer
Team Member
Hi All,

I have dealt with both air and sea shipments. For Sea shipments, the destination agent will release the freight only if they receive the Original Bill of Lading (OBL) from the consignee's bank or express release BL from the origin forwarder. This is not required in air shipments.

What's the reason? Please advise

Roselex D.

Content Developer
Team Member
Yes, because in air shipment in philippines the standard process is that the original AWB will be pick up in airlines as requirement in customs. But we need to settle the freight charges and destination charges to them before we get the original.

Pravin K.

Content Developer
Team Member
Yes, because in air shipment in philippines the standard process is that the original AWB will be pick up in airlines as requirement in customs. But we need to settle the freight charges and destination charges to them before we get the original.
Hi Roselex,
What is the procedure if freight is collect?

Roselex D.

Content Developer
Team Member
Hi Sir.

In my understanding, the receiver of goods (the buyer) pays the freight charges upon delivery of the goods. The buyer does not take ownership or liability for the goods until the cargo gets to the buyer's premises. Hope my information will give you information sir. Thank you